Monday, December 17, 2007

My last bog for '07

Well here it is. My last post for 2007. Wow. I swear, it feels like 2004. I cant believe its 2007. Short sentences. W00t.

Update on my job status, I finally got a call back and will commence employment in January as a Paraplanner for a company called WP Financial. Very, very happy. Lets hope I don't screw things up hahaha. I bet u i'll lose my job in the first day and have a title blog sayin somethin like "Ok so here's what happened".

I was reading this book by a guy who did anthropological studies on human nature. It basically discusses the three things that people must have in order to achieve happiness or a defined success. Quite obviously, these were Health, Wealth and Love. However, I really appreciated the way he discussed the fundamental connection between the three, and how if one person lacks in one of the three factors of happiness, then the two corresponding factors will tend to decline as a result. I gotta start reading more, books are awesome.

Knowledge FTW

I jammed with the band yesterday. It was pouring down, but we still had a great time. The more we jam, the more we realise we need a singer. The more we realise this, the more I want to learn to sing. I've been looking for singing teachers on google and cant really distinguish between a good or bad teacher, except on their pricing. I need to start soon. I tried singing today, my voice is horrid. I fear the more I practice, even though I may be developing my own unique touch or technique, it may not work in the future. I should not try to emulate my guitar playing technique with singing, I might end up having a really shitty voice, in which I can only sing "songs about ping pong"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home