Wednesday, November 04, 2009

No sleep for the restless

Hey guys,

Long time no bog! I know this was going to be a dedicated journal for my music diaries, but ive decided that I would not upload it near as much as a result because im honestly not getting much done on that part. I've been far too busy. Its really frustrating.

Dont get me wrong though, I am still working on it, just at a much slower pace than before. The material im writing is alot stronger though. Quality rather than quantity right? Dont worry, an update will come soon enough.

Songwriting is becoming a really difficult task. You feel that time is always escaping you no matter how much you put it aside. Your conscience is more muddled because you have more things going on in your life. When you sit there ready to play some heartstrings on your guitar, your subconscious is constantly telling you that you should be doing something else. Its a bizzarre feeling. When I have kids, and if one of them ever decides to pursue music at a young age, one thing I wont tell them is "Get your studies over with, then pursue your hobby. Music is a very risky business". Thats absolute BS. You know whats a risky business? Finance. Just ask the GFC. There is nothing worse than covering up a child's innocence with a reality blanket. Sure it provides protection, but boy does it get hot in there.

Its past 1am, I was trying to sleep for the past 2 hours but can't. I've been dating this girl for the past 5 months, its been absolutely incredible and im deeply in love. The honeymoon period is over, so the real shit kicks in now. I could go on and on about it, but in the end i've come to the conclusion that i'm too clingy as a bf. I need to give space. I always found this a confusing concept. I've been single since the dark ages, im hopelessly romantic, and that worked out great during the honeymoon period. Now that the probationary period is up, its time to dish in the hard yards to get the rewards. Its time to take it more casual, realise that there is a life of your own outside the relationship. I have to get that back. Im surprised I lost it so quick. I mean, it only took 5 months and one amazing girl to forget that im an independent person. How things change huh?

I've been applying for some new jobs. I found out im getting paid around $15k less than my market value at my current company, and there is no talk of a raise. That means one thing...im outta there. No ifs or buts about it. I have two interviews coming up, one being a sales test via phone and another being a technical test with a 1 hour exam paper. Fukiinnn aye!! I really gotta knuckle down and prepare for it.

Ok, thats enough random 1:30am thoughts to put down on an online blog. Its reassuring to know that I will always be there for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home