Sunday, May 17, 2009

"Waking To A Sun" Diary. Entry #1

I've decided to revamp this blog to discuss the album I will be working on, titled "Waking To A Sun". Everything is going to be recorded independently with no external input other than from where I've asked. I have complete and utter freedom in this assignment. The reason behind these entries is to ensure I follow the assignment through. This online diary will be an incentive to accomplishing something i've been wanting to do for a long long time.

The album will have at least 5 songs, primarily being in an acoustic/indie genre. I will be using the following equipment:

Mics:
Shure SM57
Shure SM58
Studio Projects C3 Condensor Mic

Guitars:
Yamaha Pacifica
Martin & Co Electric Acoustic

Software:
Adobe Audition 2.0
Izotope Ozone 3 Mastering plugin
Drumkit From Hell Superior w/ Nashville plugin

Recording Devices:
M-Audio Midi Controller
Presonus FP10
Roland TD-12 (Played by Marcel Zonino)

Ok, now that we have all the formalities out of the way...

I've been getting a decent recording sound from my room. The combination of direct input with my acoustic and micing it up with the Studio Projects C3 is giving some fantastic tones. One problem im having though is that the microphone is so sensitive it tends to pick up the metronome, which is quite annoying considering some of the songs are ballads. Must find a workaround to this somehow.

Being primarily a guitar player, its hard to come up with strong vocal melodies for my songs. Lyrically the songs arent too bad, they derive from personal experiences in one way or another. Coming up with a melody is the hard part, and singing it is even harder. Hopefully in due time this will become easier.

I'll write a new entry once i've done my first recording. I'm getting so close to making this album, I can feel it. It will definetly be done this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home